Standing Items are items that will always appear on the agendas of specific meeting types. Standing items behave almost identically to regular items, except they are defined at the Meeting Template and are automatically created whenever a meeting of that template type is created. This article will show you how to add a standing item to a Meeting Template.
- By default, standing items do not automatically start a workflow for a given meeting type, though a workflow can be started for a standing item on its Item Detail Screen.
- Attachments included with standing items can be used with the same packet inclusion options as any regular item's attachments.
- Standing items can be unassigned from a meeting and either remain unassigned, be reassigned to that meeting, or be reassigned to a different meeting.
- Standing items can be viewed from the Item List, just like regular items.
- Select Meeting Template in the left menu
- Select the desired template from the drop-down list
- Click Edit
- Click + (plus-sign icon) next to the section in which you want the standing item
- The standing item will appear below the selected section
- Click the name of the standing item to rename it, if desired
- Click the standing item again to make the Agenda Content pane reappear
- Enter an item description in the Agenda Content text box, if desired
- Use the Text and Paragraph Formatting tools to format the look of the agenda content text, if desired
- Drag and drop a file onto the drop file here to upload field, or click Upload and select a file to upload an attachment to the item, if desired
- Click the Microsoft Word icon to download the standing item's Agenda Content as a Word document, if desired
- Click Upload (up arrow icon) to upload the standing item's Agenda Content as a Word document, if desired
- Click Save (floppy disc icon) to save changes to the standing item's Agenda Content
- Click Update to save all changes
- Repeat Steps 4-13 as necessary
- The standing item(s) will appear on future agendas of the selected Meeting Template
Note: Create a meeting with standing items by following the steps in the Create a Meeting section of the Create and Manage Meetings article, just like you would any other meeting. Once the meeting has been created, you can open the meeting's Meeting Detail Screen and find all of the standing items automatically created and assigned to the appropriate section on the Build tab.